Pages

Thursday, September 8

{October Love-Wedding Cake}


We are in the final count down! With less than a month to go, my Love and I are working on the fun details now.  Our little home is also coming together as bits and pieces are added.  I have been in a major nesting mood.  I'm just so eager to make our space a relaxing place that my Love can't wait to come home to every day.  

As the details emerge, one in particular has my attention and focus.  Unlike many brides, I cannot order a  standard wedding cake.  My guests, at least most of them, could eat it, but not me.  Fortunately, I have some things going for me.  First, I love simple small cakes 6-8" to be exact, second, I LOVE baking my own desserts and lastly, my Love LOVES to eat my desserts! How perfect is that! 

Soooo the great experiment and hunt has begun.  I have scoured my many...many...cookbooks and magazines, as well as my many past creations, in order to create a trial list of 6 cake varieties.  These include vanilla, chocolate, carrot and maple cakes with all sorts of coconut, buttercream, rich chocolate and vanilla frosting options. I'm in heaven!  The only slight negative is the amount of tasty batters and cakes I will continually have around me....  I will try to keep you all posted as I try and experiment with these fun recipes.  My plan is to bake mostly one or two layers just to try.  For the actual cake I would like to create a 3-layer 6 inch cake.  I love 6 inch cakes; they are the perfect little size!

Email me if you want recipes and I will direct you to the cook books I used so that you can give it a try too! Come bake with me!



My round 1 went very well.  It was picture worthy, as you can see.  I baked a rich chocolate cake with a sweet vanilla, butter cream frosting.  My Love enjoyed the flavor, found the texture a bit springy, but as we all know that is much better than dense (which was the result of round 2) and overall found it quite delicious.  I must admit the frosting paired well and I spread some blackberry preserve in the center, which really sealed the perfection. 

Rating: 7 out of the perfect 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails