Pages

Wednesday, February 10

Carrot Raisin Muffins...

I made it to hump Wednesday and tonight I felt the desire to bake!

Lately, I have found a renewed fascination with a well-know vegetable, the Carrot! This vitamin E filled veggie is easy to grab for munching and has great texture for entrees and baked goodies. Confession, I have also been in a bit of a "muffin-phase"....so the two have formed a lovely merge and given me tonight's recipe.

Yep, it's just what you thought...right? Carrot raisin muffins!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of light olive oil
3/4c of honey or agave nectar
3 tsp of vanilla
2 eggs or same amount of egg-replacer
2c of Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix or regular flour
sprinkle of salt
2 1/2c of freshly grated carrots
1/4c of raisins... I should have put 3/4 cup*** optional!

I began by mixing all of the wet ingredients and then adding the dry, slowly. After the dough was well blended, I folded the carrots and raisins into the batter, filled my oiled muffin tins 3/4 full, and popped them into my pre-heated oven.

Baked at 35o degrees for 20-25min (your oven may vary :-)). The batch made 12 perfect, little muffins.

They turned out nicely, with a beautiful golden color and just the right amount of moistness. The only thing I wish I had done differently was (for the raisin lovers out there) add more of the raisins.

I really wanted to add pineapple and or coconut, but being the lovely, college student that I still am....I cook what's in the cupboard! So, be keeping an eye out for an attempt at a pineapple-coconut carrot or a pineapple-raisin carrot muffin recipe! Oh, gosh, can you imagine? Well, I hope you can enjoy this recipe for now :-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails