Pages

Tuesday, February 9

Amidst the weather....


It's Tuesday night and Friday seems out of reach. With thundering rainstorms and a ridiculously cold, biting wind outside I am eager to put on comfy clothes and create a delicious meal of warm goodness. Again, I return to my old favorite...a saute. I decided to pull out the same tasty sausage I used in my Italian saute, but combine different veggies for a slightly different taste.

I chopped up (fresh): carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, and, of course the sausage. Sauteed them till they were just barely cooked (I like my veggies to be warm and slightly tender, but still have a bit of crunch left)

For the sauce: 3/4c of Marinera sauce, 1 1/2 TBSP of Agave, sprinkle of sea salt, pinch of fresh crushed garlic, basil and oregano.

Combined it all in the pan: letting the veggies absorb the sauce and the sausage brown a bit

To finish: I put it all over a slice of toasted rice bread.....again, delicious and inexpensive!

Try it and let me know what you think :-).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails