Pages

Thursday, February 4

Thank you Italy...


Last, but certainly not least, is an all time favorite dish...
PIZZZZZA!
I must pay respects to one of my favorite gluten free cooks...Katrina. Her blog gives me so many great ideas for my own recipes! This one is mainly a replication of her recipe, with a few tweaks of my own.

Chicken, Pesto, Goat Cheese Pizza Delight

Ingredients:
TJ's grilled chicken strips
Goat Cheese
Amore Concentrated Pesto

1 package of dry, active Yeast
1 TBSP evaporated cane sugar
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon each: dried basil, oregano, rosemary, and crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1-2 teaspoon salt
1 scant teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 c of evaporated cane sugar
2 1/2 c of Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour


Instructions -
To begin I placed 1 cup warm water (following temp. directions on your yeast package),1 package dry, active yeast, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl and whisked it all together. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes allowing the yeast to proof and foam.
While the yeast worked, I combined everything except the flour in a large bowl. Once mixed, I add in the proofed yeast, followed by the flour. I attempted to mix the batter with my hands as Katrina recommended...I do not pass on this recommendation, needless to day I had batter all over the place and, well, I chose instead to use a spatula. Using it, I worked the dough into a ball for 2-3 minutes. I then sprayed my pizza stone with non-stick and sprinkled cornmeal on top of the pan..this helps keep it from getting stuck!

Finally, I dropped the dough with the aid of my spatula onto the stone. I wet my hands to flatten and spread the dough evenly, creating about a 1/4- 1/2 inch crust. Apparently this amount of dough will cover 10x13-inch baking pan, for those of you who do not own a pizza stone. Lastly, I lightly coated the dough with olive oil, to help it brown beautifully :-).

Once done with that, I pre-heated my oven to 425 degrees F. and baked the pizza for 10minutes. I pulled it out, spread as much pesto sauce as I could on it and then placed sliced goat cheese all over, followed by the strips of chicken.

It went back in the oven for another 10minutes, occasional checks found me meshing the melting cheese together, adding more cheese and sprinkling sea salt atop it all. Once the cheese began to bubble I pulled it out and let it cool.

The result...the best darn pizza I have had in more than a year!!!! Thank you Katrina!

Here's her link if your interested:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails