Pages

Thursday, February 4

Saute, anyone...?

As promised....

Entree 2: A New Italian Saute
...to be honest, if asked how I cook most meals my answer is almost always...saute.

Ingredients-
Trader Joes Marinera Sauce
Apple Chicken Sausage
Agave Nectar
Sea Salt
Oregano
Basil
Zuccini
Baby Mushrooms
Slice of bread...rice bread for me!
Ghee..or butter

Equipment?
Sauce pan
small bowl

I began by chopping my sausage, zuccini, and mushrooms. I tossed them into my sauce pan on medium heat with a splash of olive oil. In the small bowl I mixed the marinera sauce, a teaspoon or so of oregano and basil, a pinch of salt and about a tablespoon of agave nectar. Once my sauage and veggies were begining to brown I tossed the sauce in and kept it all moving as it heated and absorbed the flavors.

Last I toasted my bread and covered it thinly with ghee...clarified, caesin-free and lactose-free butter, you may use butter :-).

For the fabulous finish I put the toast in a shallow medium size bowl and poured the sauted goodness on top! Oh it was delicious! This one has earned a permanent spot in my weekly menu :-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails