Pages

Sunday, June 20

These are a few of my favorite things...

Berries, Oats and Sunny Mornings....these are three ingredients that I just LOVE.  They make me want to sing all morning long.  That's of course how I thought of the title :).  I can't avoid mentioning the classic Sound of Music when writing about my favorite things.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, please stop what you are doing and rent or buy the movie.  It's worth your time :).

On this lovely sunny morning I decided to combine my favorites into a delicious recipe.  I wanted something slightly sweet, so I decided to try blueberry, raspberry oat waffles.  Yesterday I went a little crazy at the local, health food store.  Since berries are in season, they're well priced and easy to find.   Sooo I came home with quite an assortment of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and of course strawberries.  Hence, the double berry recipe :).  I hope you can savor a lovely morning waffle and join in my celebration of the sweet, summer berry season!



Ingredients:
~yields 4 waffles

1 1/2 c  Pamela's Baking mix
1/2 c Gluten-Free Oats
2 tbsp unsweetened Applesauce
1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 1/2 tsp of Egg-Replacer
1/2 c warm Water
3/4 c Milk (Almond or Rice)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon
Your choice of fresh berries... I used Blueberries and Raspberries. 

Mix together and pour into Waffle Maker.  Bake until golden brown (leave in longer for more of a crispy texture).  Let them cool, butter them up (I used my new favorite, Goat Butter...European style) and pour your choice of syrup on top.  Feel free to add fresh berries on top! You can never have enough sweet berries :).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails