Pages

Tuesday, June 22

Double Almond Coconut Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies...

Tonight I decided to try Elana's new cookie recipe.  I saw it on her blog a few days ago and have been waiting for an opportunity to bake them.   The perfect chance came today when I was reminded of my weekly girls' night.  I decided our little party would be the perfect setting for the introduction of a new, delicious cookie batch :).

Elana's Double Almond Dark Chocolate Chip cookie recipe looked simple and promising from the start. At first glance I could eat all the ingredients without any substitutions, which is very rare for me.  I altered the measurements a bit, used Almond meal instead of flour and added unsweetened coconut.  Despite these adjustments, I still stayed surprisingly true to the original recipe.   I truly appreciate Elana's recipes.  I can always rely on her to put together fabulous creations, write clearly and included detailed instructions.  In light of my appreciation, I dedicate this  attempt to you dear Elana :).  Thank you for bringing such wonderful almond recipes to your readers.

Elana's Double Almond Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies...with coconut :)

Ingredients:
~Yields 16-20 Cookies

2 3/4 c of Almond Meal
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 c of Grapeseed Oil
1/2 c of Agave Nectar

1/4 c of unsweetened Coconut
1/2 c of chopped 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar
1/2 c of sliced Almonds

Combine the three, top dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet in a medium bowl.  Pour the wet into the dry and mix well, until it thickens.  Chop up the Chocolate Bar and keep the pieces relatively chunky.  Fold the Coconut, Chocolate pieces and sliced Almonds into the dough.  Scoop a tbsp of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and press it into shape with the heel of your hand.  Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown.  Let them cool and enjoy with your favorite glass of milk...Almond milk perhaps, to continue the theme ;).






4 comments:

I Am Gluten Free said...

These look wonderful. Elana would be very pleased, I'm sure!

{Sweet and Salty} said...

Thank you! She was!:)

Aubree Cherie @ Living Free Blog said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that I added this recipe to my favorite recipes from last week post. Thanks!

~Aubree Cherie

{Sweet and Salty} said...

Thank you Aubree! It's an honor to be recognized on your blog :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails