Pages

Thursday, August 5

Family Pizza


It felt like a pizza night. You know those days. It typically includes a craving for something hot, crispy  and yet soft, with a gooey cheese and tangy, sweet tomato flavor.  For those of you who are new to my blog I have a tasty pizza recipe I like to use that I adapted from Karina the Gluten-Free Goddess.  
I'll alter the spices in the dough and vary the toppings I use, but it always produces an unforgettable Italian meal.  So this week I thought I would share the new twist I used for my pizza night. The result was fabulous.  My family ate more than their fair share of slices, left nothing but crumbs and begged for a second round, thus giving me confidence to once again share this recipe with you.  I encourage you to give it a try and come up with your own flavorful toppings and seasonings.  When you do, share it with all of us back here on this post.  I'd love to hear how it turns out.  Bon Appetit everyone!




{True Blue Pizza Recipe}
~makes 12 squares


1 package of dry, active Yeast
1 tbsp Sucant
2-3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp each: dried Basil, Rosemary, fresh crushed Garlic
1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1-2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 cup Sucant (Organic Evaporated Cane Sugar works as well)
2 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour

1 cup Marinara Sauce
1 ripe Avocado cut into small chunks
1 ripe Tomato cut into small chunks
Goat Cheddar Cheese

To begin combine 1 cup warm water (following temp. directions on your yeast package) with the Yeast and Sucant in a small bowl and whisk.  Let it sit for 5-10 minutes allowing the yeast to proof and foam.

While the yeast works, combine everything except the flour in a large bowl. Then add the proofed yeast and flour. Mix it all with a spatula and work the dough into a ball for 2-3 minutes. Spray your pizza stone or 10x13 baking sheet with olive oil and sprinkle cornmeal all over to keep it from sticking.

Finally, drop the dough with the aid of your spatula onto the stone.  Wet your hands to flatten and spread the dough evenly to the thickness you want your crust to be.  Lightly coat the dough with olive oil.  This will help it brown beautifully.

Place pizza in 
pre-heated oven at 425 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. When done pull out and spread Marinara sauce evenly.  Grate fresh Goat Cheddar and sprinkle it along with the Avocado and Tomato chunks over the pizza. Top it all with a light shake of the Basil and Rosemary.  Put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.  Once the cheese begins to bubble pull it out, let it cool, slice and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails