Pages

Thursday, August 12

Fresh Veggie and Chicken Tacos

I love produce and tend to purchase more than I or my family can eat.  As I opened the fridge today such was the case.  Produce, produce, produce.  I wouldn't have it any other way, but it needs to be grilled, sautéed or baked...soon! Grabbing a few of the goodies I decided to try my hand at a veggie chicken taco.   As typical, the meal evolved as I tried new flavors and seasonings.  Goat creamed cheese somehow found its way in there along with my favorite, brown rice.  A nice warm lunch my mom and I loved the results and hopefully you will to.







From the group of ingredients you see above I sautéed the mushrooms, zucchini, and green onion.  I also cooked some chicken lightly drizzled with Olive Oil and seasoned with Sea Salt, Basil and Paprika. 

Then I warmed a few corn tortillas and spread the Goat Creamy Cheese down the center piling the veggies and seasoned chicken on top.  For a fresh taste I diced the Tomato and tossed some on top of the taco.


As for my side dish of rice I cooked the Trader Joe's bag of Brown Rice in a pan with gluten-free Chicken Broth, a bit of Olive Oil and Sea Salt.  I love this simple addition, it thickens the rice and gives it wonderful flavor!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails