Pages

Saturday, March 5

Gluten-Free Veggie Sandwich


It's been a bit since I've posted, I apologize! With a new job and my recent engagement....well, it's been a wonderful whirlwind!  Thank you all so much for your sweet notes of support and congrats! I just loved sharing my exciting news with you.

Today I have a delicious, yet simple, creation for you, the veggie sandwich.  Instead of using sandwich bread I used toasted GF english muffins and mmmm it was perfect! Before my transition to my new diet I LOVED sandwiches, so naturally I quickly found ways to recreate my lunchtime favorite.  As you know, I love the fresh produce so there are some ripe, juicy veggies in it.  They keep the sandwich moist and flavorful.  I hope you enjoy this fresh take on an everyday lunch treat!


{GF Veggie Sandwich}

1/2 Food For Life GF English Muffin
Ripe Organic Heirloom Tomato
Mustard or Broccoli Sprouts
Ripe Hass Avocado
Organic English Cucumber (The English really is better; I promise!)
Organic Rainbow Chard
Your Favorite Mustard Dressing

First toast your English Muffin.  While it's toasting slice your Heirloom Tomato, English Cucumber and Avocado.  Wash and pat dry 2-3 leaves of Rainbow Chard, chopping off the stems.  Pull the English Muffin out and spread your choice of Mustard Dressing.  Layer the Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber.  Follow it with a bunch of Sprouts and then top it with the Rainbow Chard.  The Chard works as the "other slice" of Muffin or Bread, keeping  the sandwich light and refreshing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails