Pages

Sunday, August 12

{Famous Chocolate Chunk Cookies}


The chocolate chip cookie, so simple and yet so strangely essential.  Since discovering my new direction with food, many attempts have been made to perfect this little treat.  Each one has been an adventure, bringing me closer to understanding the workings and secrets of baking a perfect gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie.

I'm an admirer and follower of Elana Amsterdam, the author of two cookbooks and a lovely blog called Elana's Pantry.  A strong advocate of almond flour, she has convinced me of it's benefits.  Her use of it in her chocolate chip cookies intrigued me.  I gave her recipe a try, loved it, but decided to add my own twist to it.  Not too long after, I found my own perfect chocolate chip cookie.  It turned out to be truly delicious and nutritious!

Now, I can't say I have created the chocolate chip cookie, because we all know this world is full of varying preferences, but I can say just about everyone who has tried my cookies asks for more or for the recipe.


This post is the belated fulfillment of many promises over the months to share this recipe with you all. It's been my little secret for the last year or so, but now I'm excited to finally bring it to your kitchen!

{Chocolate Chunk Cookies}

2 3/4 cup of Almond Meal
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
1/2 cup Agave or Pure Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Vanilla

1 cup roughly chopped 65-70% Dark Chocolate
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While it's heating whisk the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients in the order given and mix with a wooden spoon until thick.  Fold in the chocolate chunks and chips.  Use a tablespoon to plop the dough on a cookie sheet, about an inch apart.  I recommend using a pastry mat with your cookie sheet, but if that's not available lightly grease the sheet.  Gently press the dough with the heel of your hand to keep the tops from browning too quickly. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool for 15 minutes and then remove using a spatula.  

As you try this lovely recipe feel free to ask questions.  I know it can be difficult, following a recipe to a tee, especially if you have variables like crazy ovens, so ask away! Enjoy!

{Shared With}






4 comments:

Jeanie said...

They look delish!

Duffy said...

I substituted coconut oil for the grapeseed oil, added flaxseed and molasses, decreased maple syrup and chocolate, and I had to increase cooking time to about 10 minutes, but they were DELICIOUS!!!! Really really good!!

{Sweet and Salty} said...

@Spicy Sister: I'm so glad they worked well with your substitutions. I love mixing it up and trying different variations with recipes as well :). Thanks for stopping by!

{Sweet and Salty} said...

@Jeanie: You're so sweet! Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails