Pages

Thursday, July 21

{Wild Salmon, Lemon Cucumber and Avocado Salad}


To heal the 20 plus years of gut destruction by means of gluten, soy, dairy and much more, I have begun a cleanse.  I will only be eating foods that are soothing and avoiding any foods that would insight inflammation in my overly sensitive gut.  Day one was yesterday and, may I just say, I really wasn’t the happiest camper.  I have been slowly eliminating all sorts of food groups from my diet for a few years now and this cleansing diet is officially the most limiting I have ever experienced.  Now don’t get me wrong, I am in full support of the philosophy behind it and am eager for the end result it might bring, but boy is it going to be a test of my perseverance and self control.  I am already trying to find ways to create little desserts with the foods I have available to me.  I truly am a dessert girl through and through….

To summarize the diet for you and well, to get a little pity from you all, let me tell you what I can and cannot eat for at least 30 days. 

{Soothing List}
1. Most Veggies (except tomatoes, potatoes and mushrooms)
2. Fermented Food (like sauerkraut and pickles)
3.Any Meat (I’m only going to be incorporating Salmon for now)
4.Low Glycemic Fruits (This ones tricky.  Some fruit I thought was LG is not!)
5. Anything and Everything Coconut and Olive based (One of the most soothing foods you can put in your body!)
6. Herbal Teas (a favorite already, fortunately)

{Inflammatory List}
1. SUGAR/Chocolate (including Low Glycemic like agave and brown rice syrup)
2. Grains (Any and all, even GF)
3. All Dairy
4. All Soy
5. All Alcohol
6. High Glycemic Fruit (melons, mango, pineapple, raisins)
7. Lectins (this one was the hardest for me to give up! Includes nuts and beans)

Well there you have it! Sooo if any of you have fun recipes to spice up my diet, please feel free to share! I had fun creating a nice light dinner this evening that you can even enjoy.  It incorporates all soothing foods and just happens to taste delicious.


{Wild Salmon, Lemon Cucumber and Avocado Salad}

A perfect pairing, the lemon brings out the saltiness of the salmon and the avocado brings a rich buttery flavor to compliment the tangy lemon. 

{Serves 1}
1 cup   Diced Organic English Cucumber
1 tbsp  Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Half a Ripe Organic Hass Avocado
Torn Pieces of Wild Alaskan Smoked Sockeye Salmon
Sliver of Fresh Lemon
Dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt

Mix your Cucumber and Olive Oil in a small bowl.  Slice your Avocado and mix in, adding your Salmon to follow.  Sprinkle the dish with fresh Lemon juice from your Lemon sliver and Salt it to your taste.   Mix well and enjoy!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Jessi - You should look into (if you haven't already) some of the big paleo/primal websites. You're pretty much following the diet with your list of foods. I have found some amazing recipes! Hope the next 30 days go by quickly for you!!

I made this salad tonight for dinner, and OMG LOVED! So delicious. I added a little shredded spinach, and some extra lemon juice, but it just hit the spot. I'm so glad you shared it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails